Preparation of the dish
1. Cut the tuna into small cubes, without leaving any nerves. Next, season with salt, pepper, chives and an emulsified partridge marinade. Set the mixture aside.
2. Remove the cabbage leaves, wash and blanch them in salted water, then cool them in ice water and drain. Then burn in the flame and season them with salt and garlic oil. Set aside and allow to rest.
3. Boil the partridge stock with half the vinegar for 20 minutes. Add the rest of the uncooked vinegar and the oils, and emulsify with the help of some
4. Feather, flame and braid the partridges. Then we brown them with oil in a frying pan. Remove them and brown a whole clove of garlic. We cut an onion and ½ fennel bulb into julienne strips. We poach them and return the partridges to the mixture. We add the wines and reduce the alcohol. Add the bay leaves and thyme. Moisten with water and cook for 2.5 hours over low heat. Let it rest and strain the broth. Then we shred the partridges and chop them in small pieces. Stir-fry 1 clove of garlic, 1 onion, and half a fennel bulb. Cut the green cabbage into julienne strips and once poached, we add the partridge meat and a little of the sauce. Add some salt and pepper.
5. We emulsify the sauce with pine nuts, bread and garlic and process well.
Plating the dish
On a large plate, we place the slightly warmed cabbage and a quenelle of partridge. Add some partridge sauce. We arrange another quenelle (a larger one) of marinated blue fin tuna tartar. We finish with the pine nuts, capers, pickled cauliflower and salt flakes.
And do you want to be the next winner of Chef Balfegó?
Bluefin tuna tartar
- 500 g akami aged 6 days in cold storage, salt, black pepper and chives
- 30 pcs. pickled capers
- 30 pcs. pickled cauliflower
- 60 pcs. toasted pine nuts
- Maldon salt
- 10 green curly cabbage leaves
- Garlic oil
- Water, salt and ice
Emulsified partridge marinade
- 200 ml partridge cooking stock (reduced)
- 80 ml Sherry vinegar 25 year-old Reserve
- 200 ml of mild olive oil
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- One tablespoon of Xanthan Gum, salt, pepper
- 2 native partridges
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1/2 green cabbage
- 1 bay leaf, salt, pepper, fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 200 ml white vermouth
- 100 ml sherry wine
- 600 ml mineral water
- 250 ml partridge cooking broth
- 25 g toasted pine nuts
- 25 g fried bread
- 1 fried garlic clove